Wednesday - March 30, 2016

From: Katy, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Trees
Title: Status of Texas Olive tree in Katy, TX

QUESTION:

I have a Texas Olive tree and it has very few leaves. Is this normal?

ANSWER:

Well that depends; it depends on how old it is, how much sun it gets, how much water it gets, the kind of soil it is growing in, whether it was  nipped by recent cold weather. You certainly didn’t give Mr. Smarty Plants much to work with.

I’m including three links that will give you more information about Cordia boissieri (Mexican olive) and  its care.
    AgriLife Extension Service

Garden guides

You might consider contacting the Houston Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas (NPSOT)  for some help closer to home.

Mexican olive
Cordia boissieri

Mexican olive
Cordia boissieri

Mexican olive
Cordia boissieri