Saturday - August 22, 2015

From: Meridian, ID
Topic: Poisonous Plants, Vines
Title: Is Convolvulus equitans poisonous?

QUESTION:

Hello, Can you tell me if convolvulus equitans is poisonous? If so, can you tell me how poisonous and which parts are poisonous? I am considering putting this in my backyard but I have a dog and an infant son that could potentially get into it. Thanks, Christine

ANSWER:

Checking the following databases, I did not find Convolvulus equitans (Bindweed) or any other species of Convolvulus listed as being poisonous:

North Carolina State University's Poisonous Plants in North Carolina

Cornell University's Plants Poisonous to Livestock

Montana Plant Life's Poisonous Plants

Canadian Poisonous Plants Information System

Penn Veterinary Medicine's Poisonous Plants

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Veterinary Medicine Library