Monday - April 27, 2015

Topic: Herbs/Forbs, Wildflowers
Title: What about the Bluebonnets at Muleshoe Bend Recreational Area in Spicewood, TX ?

QUESTION:

We had heard about vast field of bluebonnets out at Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area - an LCRA park in Spicewood. We went out today and there are indeed vast fields . . . all where Lake Travis would be if the lake was at normal levels. So the question is, how did the fields grow that large, that fast (since the lake started dropping significantly). I know bluebonnets propagate well with minimum effort, but the enormity of the fields there makes it seem like a good bit of work must have been done to get things started. Thanks.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants hasn’t seen this display, but it sounds spectacular.

He thinks that your best bet for an answer is to ask the LCRA by using their web site Contact LCRA.