Saturday - February 28, 2015

Topic: Planting, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Need plants for a garden pathway in Austin, TX.

QUESTION:

Hello! I am looking for a low-growing native plant or plants that I can use instead of grass; I have a section of the garden that gets full to part sun that will have a pathway of stones. I'd like something that will grow in-between the stones that doesn't get too tall and that is fairly maintenance-free. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants often gets questions about plants to grow between flagstones along pathways. As a labor saving device (for Mr. Smarty Plants), I’m including a link to a previous answer to a similar question from Austin, TX. In the link, you will find a short list of plants, but more importantly, directions to for the use of our Native Plants Database that will allow you to generate your own list.