Suppport the plant database you love!

Friday - February 06, 2015

From: Sarasota, FL
Topic: Erosion Control, Groundcovers, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Phytoremediation using Paspalum vaginatum

QUESTION:

Do you know of any on-going research using Paspalum vaginatum as the prime plant (monoculture) for use in phytoremediation. Utilizing this plant in Vegetated Swales, Spreader Swales, Grassy Swales, Bioswales and/or Bioretention Basins. Looking at more efficient ways to help in operations, maintenance and whole life risk assessment of these treatment systems

ANSWER:

Yes, there is a wealth of information regarding Paspalum vaginatum and phytoremediation.  Too many reports to go into here.  But if you Google on "Paspalum vaginatum phytoremediation" you will find web sites for quite a few of them.  I believe you will find the data you need.