Monday - July 28, 2014

From: Fredericksburg, TX
Topic: Meadow Gardens
Title: Restoring a native prairie

QUESTION:

Can you recommend a consultant to help my husband and me re-establish a native prairie on approximately 25 acres near Fredericksburg, TX? Does the Wildflower Center have such a consulting service? Thank you very much.

ANSWER:

You should definitely get in touch with the Native Prairie Association of Texas (NPAT).  They have a wealth of useful information and there is a new chapter for Central Texas that is having its first meeting on July 29th, 2014 from 7:00–8:30 PM at the Williamson County Central Maintenance Facility, AgriLife Extension Office at 3151 SE Inner Loop Rd, Suite A, Georgetown, Texas 78626.

The ECOSYSTEM DESIGN GROUP at the Wildflower Center does do consultations on native prairie restoration depending on the size and scope of the project.  Visit this Contact link to get in touch with them.

You can also look for other consultants for your prairie restoration in our Suppliers Directory by first clicking on "See a List of All Suppliers" and then entering "Fredericksburg TX" in the Enter Search Location slot.  This will give lists in 4 categories:  Nurseries, Seed Companies, Landscape Professionals and Environmental Consultants.

Under "Environmental Consultants" I found the following companies that seem to have the services you are looking for.  (Be sure to click on the "Find more Environmental Consultants" link to see more companies.)

Neiman Environments, Inc. is associated with Native American Seed in Junction TX.

Environmental Survey Consulting in Austin TX.

Horizon Environmental Services in Austin TX.