Each year, the Wildflower Center honors our namesake and founder and all that she did for our nation’s treasured environment on Lady Bird Day. We invite the community to celebrate Mrs. Johnson’s environmental legacy and the legislation that she inspired. With her influence, President Johnson’s administration enacted more than 200 environmental laws with lasting national and local impact, including the 1965 Highway Beautification Act.
Tag and explore #BeLikeLadyBird to celebrate Mrs. Johnson, and learn more here: http://www.ladybirdjohnson.org/
RSVP on Facebook for updates and to invite friends!
- Screenings of a selection of Mrs. Johnson’s home movies as well as other Lady Bird films throughout the day in the Auditorium
- Lady Bird storytime at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the Little House
- Behind-the-scenes indoor tour at 11:30 a.m.
- Docent-led garden tours, 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon
- Outdoor games and discovery carts in the Family Garden
- Mrs. Johnnson’s favorite treats (lemon squares!) can be purchased all day in the Wildflower Café.