To request a Self-Guided Youth Group Visit or Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations, please fill out the form below. After we receive the information, we will contact you within three (3) business days to finalize the details of your informative, fun-filled visit.
Youth Group Visit Information
Self-guided visits at discounted rates are available for pre-k to high school age youth. This includes Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homeschool groups, after-care and summer programs, faith based groups, and pre-schools.
Mr. Smarty Plants Stations
Fall dates will be from October 6, 2015 through November 19, 2015 . Available on Tuesdays for Kinder-2nd grade and Thursdays for 3rd-5th grade at 9:30 a.m.
Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are offered for K-5th grades. They are thematic stations that are aligned to the TEKS. PLEASE NOTE: For our Mr. Smarty Plants Stations visits there is a minimum requirement of 30 students and a maximum of 60 students.**
Please check the Mr. Smarty Plants Stations box on the request form for more details and to indicate the stations as your preference. Please note that other groups will not be scheduled during these time frames.
The Flowers Kit has activities to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Girl Scout Flowers Legacy Badge. The Tree/Forester Kit fulfills the requirements for the Cadette Girl Scout Trees Legacy Badge and Cub Scout Forester Badge. Scout Packs need to be reserved. Please contact Julie Graham at email@example.com.
Recommended Chaperone to Student ratio
- One (1) chaperone per twelve (12) middle to high school students
- One (1) chaperone per five (5) pre-k to elementary school students
- $2 per person, Self-Guided visit, elementary grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $3 per person, Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations K-5th grades, admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $5 per person, Self-Guided visit middle to high school grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- Payment is due no later than the day of the visit. Teacher or group leader to collect all fees in advance for students and chaperones. Please present one payment to admissions upon arrival if not paid in advance.
- If individuals pay separately from the group, they will be charged the full admission price.
- Children that are four years old or younger will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- Adults that are Wildflower Center members will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- For Title I schools, no special discounts apply.
Things To Do
Discover all the fun and interesting things to do and see while visiting the Wildflower Center with your youth group. Take a look at all the activities.
Designated picnic areas are available for lunch and snacks. Please note these areas on the Interactive Map. We do not reserve picnic areas. They are on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to clean up the picnic areas before leaving.
Please review the Wildflower Center map prior to your visit to become familiar with the site and amenities.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.