To request a Self-Guided Youth Group Visit or Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations, please fill out the form below. After we receive the information, we will contact you within three (3) business days to finalize the details of your informative, fun-filled visit.
Youth Group Visit Information
In order to receive a discounted rate, all pre-school groups, school groups, home school groups, scout groups, faith based groups, after-care and summer programs must schedule a visit by filling out and submitting our Youth Group Visit Request Form. Please click on the Request Form tab above to get to the Youth Group Visit Request Form.
Self-guided visits at discounted rates are available for pre-k to high school age youth. This includes Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homeschool groups, after-care and summer programs, faith based groups, and pre-schools. Groups will visit the Wildflower Center on their own after a brief greeting from the Education staff.
Mr. Smarty Plants Stations
Now scheduling Fall 2016 dates.
The Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are offered only in the fall and spring. Both fall and spring dates are available on Tuesdays for Kinder-2nd and on Thursdays for 3rd-5th at 9:30am on both days. Fall dates will begin on October 4, 2016 and go through November 17, 2016 on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Spring dates will begin on March 21, 2017 and will go through May 25, 2017 on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. The Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are NOT offered during the summer.
Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are offered at a discounted rate for Kindergarten-5th grades. They are thematic stations that are aligned to the TEKS. PLEASE NOTE: For our Mr. Smarty Plants Stations visits there is a minimum requirement of 30 students and a maximum of 60 students.**
Please check the Mr. Smarty Plants Stations box on the request form for more details and to indicate the stations as your preference. Please note that other groups will not be scheduled during these time frames.
For ScoutsWe have two backpacks that can be checked out for scouts.
- The Flowers Kit has activities to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Girl Scout Flowers Legacy Badge.
- The Tree/Forester Kit fulfills the requirements for the Cadette Girl Scout Trees Legacy Badge and Cub Scout Forester Badge. Scout Packs need to be reserved. To reserve a scout pack, please specify which scout pack you would like to reserve in the section toward the end of the Request Form that asks about accommodating your group. For any questions about scout packs please contact Julie Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Chaperone-To-Student Ratio
- One (1) chaperone per twelve (12) middle to high school students
- One (1) chaperone per five (5) pre-k to elementary school students
Current Admission Rates through August 31st, 2016
- $2 per person, Self-Guided visit, elementary grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $3 per person, Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations K-5th grades, admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $3 per person, Self-Guided visit middle to high school grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
NEW Admission Rates beginning September 1st, 2016
- $3 per person, Self-Guided visit, pre-K - elementary grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $5 per person, Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations K-5th grades, admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- $6 per person, Self-Guided visit middle to high school grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone, and teacher.
- Payment is due no later than the day of the visit. Teacher or group leader to collect all fees in advance for students and chaperones. Please present one payment to admissions upon arrival if not paid in advance.
- If individuals pay separately from the group, they will be charged the full admission price.
- Children that are four years old or younger will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- Adults that are Wildflower Center members will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- Group minimum is 10 people.
- For Title I schools, no special discounts apply.
Things To Do
Discover all the fun and interesting things to do and see while visiting the Wildflower Center with your youth group. Take a look at all the activities.
Designated picnic areas are available for lunch and snacks. Please note these areas on the Interactive Map. We do not reserve picnic areas. They are on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to clean up the picnic areas before leaving.
Please review the Wildflower Center map prior to your visit to become familiar with the site and amenities.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.