To request a Self-Guided Youth Group Visit or Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations, please fill out the form below. After we receive the information, we will contact you within three (3) business days to finalize the details of your informative, fun-filled visit.
Youth Group Visit Information
In order to receive a discounted rate, all pre-school groups, school groups, home school groups, scout groups, faith based groups, after-care and summer programs must schedule a visit by filling out and submitting our Youth Group Visit Request Form. Please click on the Request Form tab above to access the Youth Group Visit Request Form.
Self-guided visits for pre-k to high school groups at a discounted rate. This includes Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, homeschool groups, after-care and summer programs, day cares, faith based groups, and pre-schools. All groups will receive a brief greeting from a Wildflower Center representative upon arrival. After the greeting the group is welcome to explore the grounds on their own.
Mr. Smarty Plants Stations
Now scheduling Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 dates.
The Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are offered only in the fall and spring.
They are thematic stations that are aligned to the TEKS. The Mr. Smarty Plants Stations are NOT offered during the summer.
Fall dates: October 4, 2016 through November 17, 2016
Spring dates: March 21, 2017 through May 25, 2017 – We are almost full!
- Kinder-2nd - Tuesdays, 9:30am - 11:30am
- 3rd-5th - Thursdays, 9:30am - 11:30am
- Minimum of 30 students
- Maximum of 60 students
- If your group has over 60 students, you will need to visit on two separate occasions for the Mr. Smarty Plants visit
Please check the Mr. Smarty Plants Stations box on the request form for more details and to indicate the stations as your preference.
Guided Youth Visits
Small Group Guided Visits for youth are available. The recommended ages are Kindergarten through 5th grade. The guided program will include:
- A welcome by a Wildflower Center representative.
- A guided habitat walk exploring the Family Garden and the Central Gardens with specific stops by the Wetland Pond, Woodland trail, and Desert Garden.
- A TEKS aligned student activity conducted during the habitat walk.
- Offered on Wednesdays only
- Minimum of 5 students.
- Maximum of 15 students.
- Small group guided visits can be scheduled anytime between 9:30am-3:30pm.
For ScoutsWe have two backpacks that can be checked out for scouts.
- The Flowers Kit has activities to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Girl Scout Flowers Legacy Badge.
- The Tree/Forester Kit fulfills the requirements for the Cadette Girl Scout Trees Legacy Badge and Cub Scout Forester Badge. Scout Packs need to be reserved. To reserve a scout pack, please specify which scout pack you would like to reserve in the section toward the end of the Request Form that asks about accommodating your group. For any questions about scout packs please contact Julie Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Chaperone-To-Student Ratio
- One (1) chaperone per twelve (12) middle to high school students
- One (1) chaperone per five (5) pre-k to elementary school students
NEW Admission Rates beginning September 1st, 2016
- $3 per person, Self-Guided visit, pre-K - elementary grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone and teacher.
- $5 per person, Mr. Smarty Plants Learning Stations K-5th grades, admission fee is per student, chaperone and teacher.
- $4 per person, Self-Guided visit middle to high school grade levels; admission fee is per student, chaperone and teacher.
- Payment is due no later than the day of the visit. Teacher or group leader to collect all fees in advance for students and chaperones. Please present one payment to admissions upon arrival if not paid in advance.
- If individuals pay separately from the group, they will be charged the full admission price.
- Children that are four years old or younger will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- Adults that are Wildflower Center members will be charged the group admission price if they are included in the youth group.
- Group minimum is 10 people.
- For Title I schools, there is a $1.00 discount.
Things To Do
Discover all the fun and interesting things to do and see while visiting the Wildflower Center with your youth group. Take a look at all the activities.
Designated picnic areas are available for lunch and snacks. Please note these areas on the Interactive Map. We do not reserve picnic areas. They are on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to clean up the picnic areas before leaving.
New for 2016-2017 school year. Youth Groups are no longer allowed to dispose of lunch trash on site. All trash generated from youth group lunches must be packed up and removed by the group. The Wildflower Center would like to encourage all school groups to generate as little trash as possible during their visit.
Please review the Wildflower Center map prior to your visit to become familiar with the site and amenities.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.