The communications office of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at The University of Texas at Austin provides media with timely, accurate information about the Wildflower Center. Below are recent press releases related to Center events and to staff expertise on conservation practices, native plant gardening, nature education, and native plant resources and research findings. For more information or photos beyond those on the newsroom site, please contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 17, 2010
- Artists & Artisan Festival, Saturday & Sunday, March 13 and 14—more than 20 artists in watercolor, ceramics, wood, metal and more.
- Spring Plant Sale & Gardening Festival, Saturday & Sunday, April 10 and 11—gardening tips from experts and plenty of wildflowers and native plants, including drought-tolerant options.
- National Wildflower Week Photo Exhibit, Monday, May 3, through Sunday, May 9—Texas Highways and the Wildflower Center present a portfolio of wildflower photographs. Sponsored by Canon.
- Wildflower Gala, Friday, April 30—The most fun –and the most sustainable-- garden party you will ever attend.
- Gardens on Tour, Saturday, May 8—a tour of five public and private native plant gardens plus the Wildflower Center.