The communications office of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at The University of Texas at Austin provides media with timely, accurate information about the Wildflower Center. Below are recent press releases related to Center events and to staff expertise on conservation practices, native plant gardening, nature education, and native plant resources and research findings. For more information or photos beyond those on the newsroom site, please contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Events During Wildflower Days
What: Wildflower Days™, the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center’s spring season of events. When: Monday, March 15, through Monday, May 31. The center is open every day, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Where: The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, Texas. Background: With recent rains helping landscapes recover from the drought, it’s time to come see bluebonnets blooming at the Wildflower Center, along with mountain laurel, redbud, Mexican plum and lots more native plants. During this spring season, the Wildflower Center holds a series of events including:
February 17, 2010
Information: For information on events, call 512.232.0100 or visit www.wildflower.org. Daily Admission: $7 adults, $6 seniors and students, $3 children, and free for members and children under 5 until March 15. After March 15, $8 adults, $7 seniors and students, $3 children and free for members and children under 5. Check this out: Watch some of our biggest bluebonnets on video before you visit as they grow and start blooming: http://www.wildflower.org/bbcam
- Artists & Artisan Festival, Saturday & Sunday, March 13 and 14—more than 20 artists in watercolor, ceramics, wood, metal and more.
- Spring Plant Sale & Gardening Festival, Saturday & Sunday, April 10 and 11—gardening tips from experts and plenty of wildflowers and native plants, including drought-tolerant options.
- National Wildflower Week Photo Exhibit, Monday, May 3, through Sunday, May 9—Texas Highways and the Wildflower Center present a portfolio of wildflower photographs. Sponsored by Canon.
- Wildflower Gala, Friday, April 30—The most fun –and the most sustainable-- garden party you will ever attend.
- Gardens on Tour, Saturday, May 8—a tour of five public and private native plant gardens plus the Wildflower Center.
Return to press releases