The communications office of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at The University of Texas at Austin provides media with timely, accurate information about the Wildflower Center. Below are recent press releases related to Center events and to staff expertise on conservation practices, native plant gardening, nature education, and native plant resources and research findings. For more information or photos beyond those on the newsroom site, please contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 11, 2009
When: Monday, March 16, through Sunday, May 31. The center is open every day, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where: The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, Texas.
Background: The bluebonnets are blooming, as well as the mountain laurel, redbud, Mexican plum and lots more native plants. During this spring season, the Wildflower Center holds a series of events including:
- Artists & Artisan Festival, Saturday & Sunday, March 21 & 22-more than 20 artists in watercolor, ceramics, wood, metal and more.
- Spring Plant Sale & Gardening Festival, Saturday and Sunday, April 11 & 12-a giant selection of wildflowers and native plants plus tips from expert gardeners.
- National Wildflower Week Photo Exhibit, Tuesday, May 5, through Sunday, May 10-Texas Highways and the Wildflower Center present a portfolio of wildflowers by Austin photographer Rick Tolar.
- Wildflower Gala, Friday, May 1-"Shades of Green" may be the most sustainable garden party you ever attend.
- Gardens on Tour, Saturday, May 9-a tour of five public and private native plant gardens plus the Wildflower Center.
Information: For information on events, call 512.232.0100 or visit http://www.wildflower.org/.
Daily Admission: $7 adults, $6 seniors and students, $3 children and free for members and children under 5.
Check this out: Watch bluebonnets bloom and see what comes next: www.wildflower.org/bbcam