Search for native plants by scientific name, common name or family. If you are not sure what you are looking for, try the Combination Search or our Recommended Species lists.
Search native plant database:
Flaigg, Norman G.
Thymophylla tephroleuca (Blake) Strother
Synonyms: Dyssodia tephroleuca
USDA Symbol: THTE8
USDA Native Status: Native to U.S.
Plant CharacteristicsDuration: Perennial Habit: Herb Flower:
Bloom InformationBloom Color: Yellow
Bloom Time: Mar , Apr , May , Jun , Jul , Aug
TX USDA Native Status: L48(N)
From the ArchiveWildflower Newsletter 1990 VOL. 7, NO.2
- Preservation Blooms in Recreated Prairies, New Wildflower Center Prairie Welcome...Wildflower Newsletter 1991 VOL. 8, NO.1
- New Board President Dana Leavitt Named for Center, Stop Pests Naturally, Diversi...Wildflower Newsletter 1991 VOL. 8, NO.4
- A National Environmental Research Plan, Director's Report, Discover the Secrets ...Wildflower Newsletter 1992 VOL. 9, NO.1
- Research Update, Creating Native Lawn with Sod, Director's Report, What Makes Pl...Wildflower Newsletter 1992 VOL. 9, NO.2
- Native Landscaping City Restrictions and Homeowner Association, Director's Repor...Wildflower Newsletter 1992 VOL. 9, NO.3
- Water and Landscaping with Native Plants, Research Update, Research Director's R...Wildflower Newsletter 1992 VOL. 9, NO.5
- Ten Year Anniversary Celebration, A Look Back at Our First Decade, Celebration o...
Recommended Species Lists
Find native plant species by state. Each list contains commercially available species suitable for gardens and planned landscapes. Once you have selected a collection, you can browse the collection or search within it using the combination search.
View Recommended Species page
Record Modified: 2012-08-30
Research By: TWC Staff