Thursday, April 18, and Thursday, April 25
We know photographers do their best work in the early morning and late evening hours when the light has a special quality. To make it easier for photographers to take those winning shots in our new "Photos taken at the Wildflower Center" category in our annual wildflower photo contest, we have scheduled two early-morning admission days for photographers.
On both Thursday, April 18, and Thursday, April 25, we will open at 6:30 a.m. to those who have paid online and printed out their confirming e-mail. The cost is only $4. Turn in your e-mailed copy --or show your smart phone copy-- to staff at the entry cistern.
Rules for the early admission:
By paying admission you agree to follow these rules:
- Respect the plants and animals on the site
- Do not break or pick any plants
- Stay on paths, trails or roadways. Do not step into the garden beds
- Do not step on any plants
- Leave things as you found them – do not leave a trace
- Do not remove any plants or rocks or move benches
- There is no smoking anywhere within the WFC site
- Do not climb trees or structures
- Do not walk in streams or ponds
- Do not disturb any other events taking place at the WFC
- Use tripods if they repair any tripod marks left in the ground
- Use Plamps® or FlowerPods® or extra tripods to stabilize plants if they do not damage the plant
- Use translucent tents if they do not damage surrounding plants
If you prefer photography in the evenings, we are open until 8 p.m. every Thursday except April 18, from now until May 31. However, the deadline for submitting photographs to our contest is Monday, May 6, 2013.