Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Friday - November 15, 2013

From: Addison, AL
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I need help identifying a flower/plant. It has a long stem with a Flower at the top and small 2" green things that look like small bananas at the bottom.( But not Bananas) I open one up and it had small seeds inside it. I can provide a picture if you need. Please help!!

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants is very sorry, but your description doesn't suggest any specific native plant to us.  Please visit our Plant Identification page to find links to several plant identification forums that will accept photos of plants for identification.   Please be sure to read the "Important Notes..." section that gives you important hints for submitting photos.