Thursday - October 31, 2013

From: Elmendorf, TX
Topic: Propagation, Shrubs
Title: Coursetia axillaris from cuttings from Elmendorf TX

I have been able to propagate the Coursetia axillaris (Texas Babybonnets) from cuttings. Will the plants grown from cuttings bloom faster?

Follow this plant link, Coursetia axillaris (Texas babybonnets), to our webpage on this plant where you will discover we do not have a whole lot of information on the plant. This plant is not only endemic to Texas but, according to this USDA Plant Plant Profile map, grows only in 4 counties in far South Texas.

We found no information on propagation of this plant, but since it is a shrub, taking cuttings is probably the most efficient means of getting the shrub growing more quickly and thus blooming sooner, but we would estimate that it would be several years after planting  before it bloomed, in any case.

Texas babybonnets
Coursetia axillaris

Texas babybonnets
Coursetia axillaris

Texas babybonnets
Coursetia axillaris