Thursday - October 10, 2013

From: Norman, OK
Topic: Plant Identification, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Plant identification in Norman, OK

QUESTION:

I have two large plants in my back yard that just sprang up on their own this year. They are beautiful and the butterflies and bees love them. I think they are a type of milkweed, but they don't look exactly like anything in the books. I have some really good pictures - can I send them to you for help identifying these?

ANSWER:

It is fun for us to try to identify plants from pictures, but it is also very time consuming, and we got behind in answering questions. As a result, we no longer accept pictures for identification, but we have the Plant Identification Page that will direct you to three forums that will accept photos and can help you identify your plants.

Pay particular attention to the instructions for submitting the photos.

Good luck!