Mr. Smarty Plants - List of plants with

Tuesday - January 30, 2007

From: Bryan, TX
Title: List of plants with

QUESTION:

Hello, Mr. Smarty Plants, I would like a list of all the plants which have been named for Ferdinand Jacob Lindheimer. I would like to prepare this information for use at the Washington on the Brazos, Independence Day Celebration. Thank you.

ANSWER:

You can find such a list by visiting our Native Plant Database and typing "Lindheimer" into the Name search: box. You can find a similar list by visiting the USDA Plants Database and typing "Lindheimer" into their Name Search box. The USDA Plants Database shows synonyms as well as the currently accepted scientific names. The currently accepted name is listed in blue type; whereas, the synonyms are in black type and are indented. All the names in our Native Plant Database are the currently accepted scientific names; however, the USDA Plants Database lists some currently accepted scientific names that do not yet appear in our Native Plants Database.