Mr. Smarty Plants - Keeping squirrels out of pecan tree from Garland TX

Saturday - August 17, 2013

From: Garland, TX
Topic: Pests, Trees
Title: Keeping squirrels out of pecan tree from Garland TX

QUESTION:

My yard is covered in green pecans with one bite eaten by squirrels. How do I keep squirrels out of my pecan tree?

ANSWER:

Carya illinoinensis (Pecan)

From a blog written by Dale Cramer Pecan Wars.

gardenguides.com How to Keep Squirrels from Pecan Trees

SF Gate Squirrel Problems in Pecan Trees

About.com Gardening How to Keep Squirrels from Raiding your Fruit and Nut Trees

There's a whole lot more if you Google "keeping squirrels out of pecan trees" and every article is accompanied by multiple advertisements for rubber snakes, electronic noise machines and diversions. We linked you to these because, frankly, we don't have a clue.

Pecan
Carya illinoinensis

Pecan
Carya illinoinensis

Pecan
Carya illinoinensis