Friday - August 03, 2001

From: Los Angeles, CA
Topic: Poisonous Plants
Title: Smarty Plants on poisonous plants
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

Do you have a list of plants that are poisonous to children and pets?

We do not currently maintain a list of plants poisonous to children or pets because the information would be too voluminous for any one list, and that information is already available from other sources qualified to make such assessments. The US FDA (Federal Drug Administration) maintains a list of potentially toxic plants to animals and humans on their website . Also, Cornell University maintains an excellent rersource at their website