Sunday - June 09, 2013

From: Attleboro, MA
Topic: Medicinal Plants, Shrubs
Title: Lippia alba for sale at Wildflower Center

QUESTION:

Do you have this plant for sale Lippia Alba. thanks

ANSWER:

Lippia alba (Bushy lippia), as you will see from this USDA Plant Profile map, is native only to  Texas and Florida, in the far southern tips of those two states. It probably could not survive in Massacusetts at all. 

The only times the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center (home of Mr. Smarty Plants) sells plants are our two semi-annual sales, in Spring and Fall. That link will take you to information about our last sale, including a link to our Plant list, on which Lippia alba (Bushy lippia) does not appear. It grows naturally in only 2 counties in far South Texas, and our plant sales usually only carry plants native to Central Texas.

From the Texas A & M Native Plant Database, here is more information and a picture.