Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of alien-looking plant

Thursday - June 06, 2013

From: Parksville, KY
Title: Identification of alien-looking plant

QUESTION:

I have a plant that grows 4-5 feet tall, it has pretty "alien looking" flowers with "pods" under flower, and marijuana looking leaves and smell. My neighbor gave me a start last year, and it has reseeded, so I have little starts everywhere

ANSWER:

Your description, although very interesting, isn't specific enough for us to give you a good idea about what your plant might be.   You can take photos of it and visit our Plant Identification page to find links to several plant identification forums that will accept photos of plants for identification.