Sunday - April 21, 2013

From: Villa Hills, KY
Region: Select Region
Topic: Plant Identification, Poisonous Plants, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Plant ID from Villa Hills KY

Hello I have this plant but I don't know what it is. I want to know if it's edible or what it is. I think it's catnip.

We are sorry, but that is not enough of a description for us to even hope to identify it. It might even be non-native to North America, which would put it out of our expertise. We are no longer able to accept pictures for ID, but if you go to our Plant Identification page you will find links to some websites that might be able to help you.

We urge you to eat NOTHING that has not been absolutely identified as a safe edible plant. And if you do have that identification, wash it first. It may have been sprayed with herbicide or pesticide that would do you no good, either.