Tuesday - April 23, 2013

From: Redondo Beach, CA
Topic: Groundcovers, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Ground cover for heavily traveled walkway from Redondo Beach CA

I am looking for a drought resistant ground cover that you can walk on. I live on a south facing, sunny corner lot, 2 blocks from the beach where people park and need to cross over to get to the sidewalk-any suggestions?

Mr. Smarty Plants is good, but our magic wand is at the shop. Please see this Previous question on a similar problem. You are basically providing a pathway to a very popular spot, the beach, and no one will care if they step on your lovingly placed plants. Most grasses are NOT foot proof and you would be constantly dealing with trying to water and weed, as well as replacing the squashed plants.