Tuesday - October 31, 2006

From: Keller, TX
Topic: Privacy Screening
Title: Native, flowering plants for privacy fence in Hamilton Co., TX

Looking for a native plant or climbing vine to grow on a high (8') game fence to create privacy and hide what's behind the wire. It will be planted near Hico, Texas. Would love the added benefit of flowers on vine.

Here is a list of several vines that are native to Hamilton County or adjacent counties:

Trumpet creeper (Campsis radicans)
Purple leatherflower (Clematis pitcheri)
Scarlet leatherflower (Clematis texensis)
Carolina snailseed (Cocculus carolinus)
Texas honeysuckle (Lonicera albiflora)
Coral honeysuckles (Lonicera sempervirens)
Snapdragon vine (Maurandella antirrhiniflor)
Yellow passionflower (Passiflora lutea)

Be sure to select "Images" from the menu at the top of the page for each of the vines listed above to see more photos.

To find nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in your area, visit our National Suppliers Directory.