En Espa—ol

Tuesday - March 12, 2013

From: Seabrook, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Seeds and Seeding, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Native lawn grass for Seabrook TX

QUESTION:

We want to seed our lawn in Seabrook, Tx.77586 with a Natural Grass replacing our St. Augustine Grass. I think there is one that is drought resistant (only water it twice a month.) and that does not grow very tall. Can you provide us with supplier/nursery who we can order from. Thank you.

ANSWER:

We believe you are referring to Habiturf, a product of research done by the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. The link takes you to a page that includes where it can be ordered. This article also includes a video of how to install Habiturf, and links to several other articles with more information.