Mr. Smarty Plants - Supplies for green roof from Corpus Christi TX

Saturday - March 02, 2013

From: Corpus Christi, TX
Topic: Green Roofs
Title: Supplies for green roof from Corpus Christi TX

QUESTION:

Where do you buy your expanded clay or shale, your decomposed granite and your rice husks for a green roof?

ANSWER:

In case you did not already see it, from the Conservation portion of our Wildflower Center database, here is an article on Native Green Roofs.

From Dr. Mark Simmons, the Director of the Ecosystem Design Group of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center:

"There are many green roof suppliers; go to greenroofs.org - they list suppliers. We manufacture our own supplies onsite for research."