Mr. Smarty Plants - Need a privacy screen of native plants for swimming pool in Garden Ridge, TX

Sunday - February 10, 2013

From: Garden Ridge, TX
Topic: Privacy Screening, Shrubs
Title: Need a privacy screen of native plants for swimming pool in Garden Ridge, TX

QUESTION:

We are building a pool and would like to use native plants as a screen around the fence, preferably a shrub that grows quickly to about 6 feet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ANSWER:

It seems like the two most frequent questions that Mr. Smarty Plants receives are:
When are the bluebonnets going to bloom?
Can you suggest plants for a privacy screen?

We applaud your intention to use native plants for your screen!  I am going to refer you to a previous question about privacy screens that we answered just last month. It has links to other previously answered question about privacy screens, so in a sense, we are exposing you to the “wisdom of Mr. Smarty Plants”.

SP #8972

We also usually suggest that people  contact their county office of Texas AgriLife Extension.