Sunday - December 16, 2012

Title: Lighting for the Wildflower Center from Austin

Hello Mr Smarty, On a recent night trip to the Center, there was an oak that was beautifully lit for the holidays. It seemed to come from one ground light, but cast hundreds of glistening "stars" on the oak. We would love to re-create your holiday wonder at our home. What did you use to create this magical wonder??????? Thank you so much for your help!!!

We are sorry we can't tell you that, and rather than delay your decorating, wanted to let you know. Mr. Smarty Plants Team members work mostly online and, even had we been onsite for the Luminations celebration, we would not necessarily have seen that particular oak, nor have any idea how the effect was accomplished. It may have been done by our Facilities people, or by an outside contractor. The Smarty Plants team mostly answers questions online about plants, and don't necessarily know what is going on at the Center.