Sunday - November 04, 2012

From: Millsboro, DE
Topic: Non-Natives, Ferns, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Crows foot plant for Christmas wreaths from Millsboro DE

I am looking for a plant called crows foot to make wreaths for Christmas. Where do I find this plant.

Common names, as opposed to scientific names, are always a problem for Mr. Smarty Plants, because a common name in one part of North America may be attached to a totally different plant in another part of the country. Our expertise is limited to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but also to the area where those plants grow naturally. This is in the interest of placing plants where they have become accustomed to the soils, rainfall and climate of an area where they have lived for centuries. We found severals previous Mr. Smarty Plants questions referring to plants by this name:

Manchester MD

Delta PA

Salisbury NC

You see our problem, we are not even sure what this plant is, whether it is endangered, or where it might grow. Be sure and follow any additional links in the answers above for more information.

We can, however, direct you to plant sources that might know what you are looking for or even stock it. Go to our National Suppliers Directory and enter your town and state or even just your zip code in the Enter Search Location box. This will get you a list of native plant nurseries, seed suppliers and consultants in your general area. All have contact information and you can call or e-mail in advance to see if they can help you.

Fan clubmoss
Lycopodium digitatum

Woodland stonecrop
Sedum ternatum