Sunday - October 07, 2012

From: Galt, CA
Topic: Invasive Plants, Non-Natives, Poisonous Plants, Trees
Title: Are non-native Chinese pistache poisonous to alpacas from Galt CA

QUESTION:

Are Chinese Pistachio trees poisonous to alpacas?

ANSWER:

We are often guilty of answering questions that were not asked. In that vein, please read all the comments from this Dave's Garden forum on Chinese pistache, especially the 7 negative comments.

You may not believe this, but this is not the first question on plants poisonous to alpacas that we have received.  Here is a previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer on that, with links to a number of databases that you can consult.