Wednesday - September 19, 2012

From: San Antonio, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Shrubs
Title: Controlling nematodes on lantana from San Antonio

Can anything be done to "fix" root knot nematode on older lantana. Next to other lantana. Pull them out or try organic fix?

Here are three articles on recognizing nematodes and what to do with the affected plants or to prevent infection moving into the area:

From the University of Arkansas Department of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service, Control Root Knot Nematodes in your Garden.

University of Arizona, Cooperative Extension, Root-Knot Nematodes.

Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Root Knot Nematodes

We have no personal experience with root knot hematodes, but from our research we would suggest snatching the plant out of the ground, burning it and stamping on the ashes.

Pictures of root knot nematodes in Texas.

We suggest you contact the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office for Bexar County.