Wednesday - September 19, 2012

Title: What crops grow in Laredo, Texas?

QUESTION:

I have to do a report on Laredo Texas and one of the questions is what type of crops do they grow in Laredo Texas. I couldn't find an answer anywhere and I was wondering if you can help me?

ANSWER:

Sorry, but we don't do "crops".   Most crops are plants that are NOT native to North America (for instance, wheat) and our expertise and focus at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are with the study, conservation and sustainable use of plants native to North America.

However, if you will visit the Texas A & M AgriLife Extension Service website and click on "Locations" in the menu bar at the top of the page, you can find the webpage for the office for Laredo's county.   You might be able to find the answer on that page; but. if not, there is an e-mail address for the County Agent.