Mr. Smarty Plants - Availability of seeds or plants for Texas Mulberry

Tuesday - September 12, 2006

From: Las Vegas, NM
Title: Availability of seeds or plants for Texas Mulberry

QUESTION:

Is there any source of seeds or plants for Texas Mulberry?

ANSWER:

You can search in our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in your area. Many, but not all, of these suppliers list web pages that show listings of available plants. I did a quick preliminary search on some of the web pages listed for Texas nurseries and found one, Rohde's Nursery in Garland with mulberries (Morus sp.) for sale, but not specifically Texas mulberry (Morus microphylla). Another, Wichita Valley, in Wichita Falls offers Red mulberry (Morus rubra for sale. It is possible that some of the ones without web pages have Texas mulberry. You could contact them by telephone. You can also search the nurseries in the Southwest and the Southeast for availability of Texas mulberry.