Mr. Smarty Plants - Interesting native orchids in MS.

Tuesday - August 21, 2012

From: Golden, , MS
Topic: Rare or Endangered Plants, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Interesting native orchids in MS.

QUESTION:

I have a stand of 18 Cyp. parviflorum orchids which I tell only few people about. I've been an hobby grower for over 15 yrs. Recently, I noticed I has some Spiranthes growing which thrilled me. Now, I'm off nearby to see some Plantanther (sp) about which I'm thrilled. I'm so afraid of people stealing them and loss of habitat. Might you get back to me on this please.

ANSWER:

Thank you for contacting Mr. Smarty Plants about your orchids. We too are concerned about rare plants and loss of habitat

“Ask Mr. Smarty Plants” is a service provided by the Ladybird Johnson Wild Flower Center that answers questions by gardeners and landscapers with the goal of increasing the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes.
However, we are not a forum or a blog.

Nodding lady's tresses
Spiranthes cernua