Tuesday - September 05, 2006

From: Round Rock, TX
Topic: Plant Identification, Shrubs
Title: Identification of Tacoma stans or Yellow Bells

We have seen a plant along the freeway here in Round Rock...beautiful greens leaves and the most amazing yellow flowers. Someone told us it was an esperanza plant and drought tolerate; however, I can't find that on your database. Am I spelling it wrong? Sure would love to plant some of these shrubs in our yard. Thank you in advance.

I believe you are seeing Tecoma stans, commonly called Yellow bells, Trumpetflower or sometimes, Esperanza. You should be able to find them for sale in local nurseries that carry native plants. You can look for nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants by searching in our National Suppliers Directory.

Yellow bells
Tecoma stans

Yellow bells
Tecoma stans

Yellow bells
Tecoma stans