Mr. Smarty Plants - Crape myrtle in Austin

Wednesday - August 01, 2012

From: Austin , TX
Topic: Non-Natives, Pests, Trees
Title: Crape myrtle in Austin

QUESTION:

Please don't bother to answer my question about how to treat a crepe myrtle with sticky stuff falling from it. I just found the answer on your site. Good site, by the way.

ANSWER:

Thank you. It often saves a lot of time (ours and yours) to read our previously answered questions, searching on a specific word or phrase. Aphids seem unusually bad this year, and even worse in the non-native crape myrtle. We may have already answered your question, because it is so common and easy to answer. Mr. Smarty Plants is a team of volunteers working on their own computers at home.