Sunday - September 03, 2006

From: Volente, TX
Topic: Drought Tolerant
Title: Help with native plants suffering from drought and heat

Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, HELP!!! I live on Lake Travis outside Austin and we planted our yard this spring with lots of wonderful native plants. Now most of them look like they are dying (in particular the sea oats, salvia, stemodia, silk tassle, and black foot daisies). Is there anyone in this area who we could hire to come visit our house and advise us on why we are losing our plants? Thank you!

I suspect your plant problems have a lot to do with the current drought and high temperatures we have been experiencing recently. You can find Landscape Professionals who specialize in native plants in your area who should be able to determine the cause and the solution to your problem by visiting our National Suppliers Directory.