Mr. Smarty Plants - Looking for a source for milkweed plants in Goshen, KY.

Thursday - July 12, 2012

From: Louisville, KY
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Looking for a source for milkweed plants in Goshen, KY.

QUESTION:

I live in Louisville(actually Jeffersontown), KY and would love to find some milkweed plants for the butterflies. I have not had any luck with seeds so I am looking for actual plants. Do you have any suggestions? Thank You!

ANSWER:

First, we looked at our Nation Suppliers Directory and found Dropseed Native Plant Nursery in Goshen, KY.  Then after a little time on the web, we found Rose Franklin’s Perennials in Spring Mills, PA.

I hope you find something you can use. This article from the Butterfly Society of Virginia is interesting, and should prove helpful.