Friday - June 22, 2012

From: Boerne, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Availability of Texas Frogfruit
Answered by: Mike Tomme

Are there any nursery suppliers that supply Texas frogfruit?

I'm not sure if you are looking for a retail supplier or a wholesale supplier, but, either way, the answer to your question is yes.

Mr. Smarty Plants visited It's About Thyme in Manchaca, Texas (a retailer and Wildflower Center associate) and they had Phyla nodiflora (Texas frogfruit) in stock which they got from a wholesaler.

I recommend you contact a nursery in your area that specializes in native plants and ask them your question. Here is a link to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center associate nurseries.

If you'd like a do it yourself project, Texas frogfruit is very easily propogated from cuttings.

Texas frogfruit
Phyla nodiflora