Mr. Smarty Plants - Control of borers attacking Prunus serotina

Wednesday - August 30, 2006

From: Leander, TX
Topic: Pests, Trees
Title: Control of borers attacking Prunus serotina

QUESTION:

Where can I find information to control borers that seem to attack only Prunus serotina v. exemia?

ANSWER:

The Texas Agricultural Extension Service of Texas A&M University System has an excellent booklet, Wood-boring Insects of Trees and Shrubs, with information to help identify your particular pest and how to control it. Also, you might want to contact the Williamson County Office of the Texas Cooperative Extension Service to see if they have information about particular pest infestations in your area and how to control them.