Thursday - June 07, 2012

From: Coral Gables, FL
Topic: Propagation, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Source of Berlandiera pumila seeds from Coral Gables FL

Where can I buy plants or seeds of Berlandiera pumila?

Berlandiera pumila (Soft greeneyes) is native to Florida, so we were thinking of suggesting that you find a stand of them, and with the owner's permission, gather some seed. However, as you will see from this USDA Plant Profile map, it is native to north Florida and not to Miami-Dade County, in the southeastern tip of the state, so it might not be as widespread in your area. It blooms from April to October, and seeds will be maturing on the plants during that time.

The first thing to do is go to our National Supplier's Directory. In the "Enter Search Location" box, enter your town and state or just your zipcode. You will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed companies and consultants in your general area. All will have contact information, so you can find out if the seeds are in stock. Some may have plants as well as or instead of seeds. We tried this and there are 6 seed companies on that list.

Seed sources online for mail order:

Native Seed Network

B&T World Network

Soft greeneyes
Berlandiera pumila

Soft greeneyes
Berlandiera pumila

Soft greeneyes
Berlandiera pumila