Friday - May 04, 2012

From: Vernon, CT
Topic: General Botany, Non-Natives, Seeds and Seeding
Title: Beans growing under artificial light from Vernon CT

What bean plant will grow the best under a flourescent,spot gro light,green transparent light,or Natural light and why.What caused it to grow like it did?

We assume this is another Science Fair Project. Please read this previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer. In the previous case, it was lettuce, in this case beans, none of which are native to North America, which puts it out of our area of expertise. Plus, we are centered on native plants for gardens, outside, and not on artificial lights. Afraid you're going to have to do the experiment. The previous article also gives you links to artificial light information.