Mr. Smarty Plants - Small oak tree with powdery mildew in San Antonio, TX.

From: San Antonio, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Trees
Title: Small oak tree with powdery mildew in San Antonio, TX.

QUESTION:

I have a small oak tree with powdery mildew. Is there anything I can do about? Will it kill the tree?

ANSWER:

Almost all landscapes have plants that become diseased with one of the powdery mildews. These two fact sheets describe the disease and its cause, and give tips for prevention and control.

Ohio State University

Colorado State University

Although the powdery mildew is unsightly, it probably won’t kill your oak tree.