Mr. Smarty Plants - Small native shrub for Noblesville In

Monday - April 30, 2012

From: Noblesville, IN
Title: Small native shrub for Noblesville In

QUESTION:

Is there a small shrub native to central Indiana that is suitable for front yard city landscaping?

ANSWER:

We went to our Native Plant Database and, using the Combination Search, found the suggestions below. We searched on Indiana, Shrub, and Size of 3-6 ft. You can do the same search adding specifications like Light Requirements, Soil Moisture, Bloom Color and Time, Evergreen, etc. Each additional specification will cut down the number of choices or you may not get any choices at all.

Followiing the link on our list, you can read particulars about that plant on our webpage, including Growing Conditions and Propagation Instructions. We will check on the USDA Plant Profile for each plant to make sure it grows in or near Hamilton Co.

At the bottom of each of our webpages on a plant are listings of Additional Resources, including the USDA Plant Profiles, which you can use to make sure the plant grows in your area, and Google to get more information on that plant.

Amorpha canescens (Leadplant)

Comptonia peregrina (Sweet fern)

Dasiphora fruticosa ssp. floribunda (Golden-hardhack)

Hibiscus moscheutos (Crimsoneyed rosemallow)

Symphoricarpos orbiculatus (Coralberry)

Leadplant
Amorpha canescens

Sweet fern
Comptonia peregrina

Shrubby cinquefoil
Dasiphora fruticosa ssp. floribunda

Crimsoneyed rosemallow
Hibiscus moscheutos

Coralberry
Symphoricarpos orbiculatus