En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Groundcovers for Moreno Valley, CA

Thursday - May 17, 2012

From: Moreno Valley , CA
Topic: Groundcovers
Title: Groundcovers for Moreno Valley, CA

QUESTION:

Hi, I live in Moreno Valley, CA I have a huge flower bed area surrounding our grass I am looking for the best ground cover that will have minimal up keep.

ANSWER:

Las Pilitas Nursery, specializing in native plants with nurseries in Escondido and Santa Margarita, has lists of native groundcovers for Southern California that should do well in Riverside County.

Here are several from that list that occur in, or adjacent to,  Riverside County:

Corethrogyne filaginifolia (Common sandaster) and here are photos and more information from the Santa Monica Mountain Trails Council site, the Southern California Research Learning Center, and from Las Pilitas.

Monardella macrantha (Hummingbird mint) and here are photos and more information from the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wildflowers & Native Plants and from Las Pilitas.

Oenothera californica (California evening primrose) and here are more photos and information from the Theodore Payne Foundation.

Clinopodium douglasii [syn. Satureja douglasii] (Yerba buena) and here are photos and more information from the Southern California Research Learning Center and from Las Pilitas.

Epilobium canum ssp. canum (Hummingbird trumpet) and here are photos and more information from the Theodore Payne Foundation and from Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest.