Mr. Smarty Plants - What is the orange vine that is covering the wildflowers from Llano, TX?

Tuesday - April 10, 2012

From: Llano, TX
Topic: Plant Identification, Problem Plants
Title: What is the orange vine that is covering the wildflowers from Llano, TX?

QUESTION:

What is the invasive orange vine that is covering the wildflowers on Texas highways?

ANSWER:

What you are seeing is a parasitic plant known as Dodder, and you are the third person in the past week who has made this observation. My what a sharp eye you have.

I'm going to refer you to an excellent answer from the earlier question. There is so much information in that answer that it could well leave you "doddering".