En EspaÑol

Saturday - April 07, 2012

From: Dallas, TX
Topic: Invasive Plants, Managing Roadsides, Non-Natives
Title: Pictures of Bastard Cabbage from Dallas TX

QUESTION:

HI! Re your March 12 posting: The USDA Plants website pictures two very different looking plants identified as Rapistrum rugosum (bastardcabbage). Would you please post a photo with leaf and bloom close-ups of the invasive one?

ANSWER:

Since Rapistrum rugosum is non-native to North America, not to speak of being invasive, we have no pictures in our Native Plant Image Gallery to post for you. We can, however, link you to some websites that do have pictures; hopefully that will give you what you need.

From our How-To Articles: Addressing Texas Invasive Plants

From Texas Invasives.org Rapistrum rugosum

From the Plant Conservation Alliance's Alien Plant Working Group LEAST WANTED: Annual Bastard-Cabbage

From the University of California at Berkeley: CalPhotos

From Google: Images of Rapistrum rugosum