Wednesday - April 04, 2012

From: Burbank, CA
Topic: Plant Lists
Title: Native vegetation of Burbank, CA

What is the native vegetation of Burbank, CA?

If you want to know all the native plants recorded by the USDA Plants Database as being in Los Angeles County, here is how to do the search.  First, on the USDA Plants Database home page, choose "Advanced Search" in the sidebar menu under Search.  On the "Advanced Search and Download" page choose "California:Los Angeles" under Part A: PLANTS Core Data 1.  Distribution – County Distribution and choose "North America Native" under 3.  Ecology – Native Status.  Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Display Results".  This will give you the Scientific Names of all North American native plants recorded by the USDA Plants Database as occurring in Los Angeles County, CA.   If you would like the common names, plant family names, etc., displayed as well, then you can choose to display those by making choices under 2. Taxonomy.

Now, if you just want a list of typical native plants that grow in and around Burbank, you can visit the website of Las Pilitas Nursery, located in Escondido and Santa Margarita.   This nursery, listed in our National Suppliers Directory database, specializes in California native plants and you can search by City name or zip code to find typical plants of your area.