Sunday - March 25, 2012

From: Smithville, TX
Topic: Planting, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Planting of Habiturf from Smithville TX

QUESTION:

Are Habiturf and Thunderturf the same? and, how late in the year can I plant Habiturf?

ANSWER:

Thunderturf is a produce of Native American Seed. It is also a mix of native grass seeds for turf. Habiturf has been developed by a team from the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. We can give you several sites that will tell you much more (and much more accurately) than we can about the advantages and cultivation of Thunderturf. Be sure and read them all thoroughly, and you need to start NOW. Mid-April is the optimum time to plant Habiturf, but there is preparation to be done in advance of seeding.

Native Lawns: Habiturf-The Ecological Lawn

Native Lawns