En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Do I need to cover my Habiturf planting with straw?

Friday - March 02, 2012

Topic: Planting, Drought Tolerant, Turf, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Do I need to cover my Habiturf planting with straw?

QUESTION:

I'm preparing to seed the Habiturf in my front yard in a couple of weeks. My dad has suggested I spread some straw to help protect the seeds. Your thoughts? Thanks!!!

ANSWER:

I am going to refer you to our “How To” article on planting Habiturf . The article was written by the folks who developed Habiturf, and there is no mention of adding straw. Mr. Smarty Plants is thinking that adding straw is not necessary.