Sunday - February 12, 2012

From: Junction, TX
Topic: Non-Natives, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: How much water does St. Augustine require in Junction, TX?

Can you point me towards a concrete study on how much water St Augustine requires to survive? Much appreciated - Native American Seed

This link to North Carolina State University states that actively growing St. Augustine grass requires up to one inch of water /week. That’s quite a bit of water to put on a lawn.

Much of the research on St. Augustine grass is conducted at the following institutions:

Texas A&M University 

University of Florida

UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Studies

North Carolina State University  (see above)

If reading through these links does’t give you the information you want, you can contact these research units directly to get further help.